Download Spybot Software
or Spyware Doctor
From the desk of Nils Rognerud
Software Developer in San Francisco, California, USA
Many PC users do not have the faintest clue that they even have spyware. When pop-ups start becoming troublesome, they simply install a pop-up blocker and then proceed to use their credit card at an online site.
This is a very unsafe practice – but Spyware Doctor can save you from a lot of trouble.
There are several indications that you might have spyware, or adware-”ad-delivery software” – which, for these purposes, they can be considered one in the same.
And boy, here are some examples of what might happen…
- Your browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, what have you) is running much slower than user. Whether it be while starting up, loading pages, closing, your browser´s response time is a strong indicator of PC health.
- Mysterious desktop icons like “Play Online Casino” or “Shop Now” might be traces of spyware. If there is an icon on your desktop that you do not recognize, you might want to open you Add or Remove Programs function and uninstall anything you do not recognize.
- Excess pop-ups (especially on pages that do not normally have pop-ups such as yahoo.com or msn.com) are usually spyware residue.
- Extra buttons or toolbars in your browser, especially extra search bars.
- A new homepage popping up when you start your browser (one that was not previously there).
Spyware is one of the hottest buzz words out there. There is a sea of spyware scan and removal tools available at the hands of internet-ready user.
These tools make it easy to remove that tricky, malicious software known as spyware. Removal can be equally as tricky without the use of a proper tool. That is what I hope to teach and educate about, in this letter.
Spyware and adware are usually interchangeable terms. They both gather statistics about your computer usage (such as the websites you visit, the programs you own, the amount of time you spend on the computer) and send this data to a third party site and/or deliver you ads based on this information.
This is an invasion of privacy and can be hazardous to your confidential data (such as credit card numbers and other banking information).
What is the best anti-spyware software?
Please note that there are a HUGE number of so-called “anti-spyware” spoof programs out there that instead of removing the adware and spyware on your PC, install their own or try to stop real anti-spyware programs from working.
Some of the most “popular” fake anti-spyware programs include: SpyAxe, Antivirus Gold, Spy Trooper, Spy Wiper, Spy Sheriff, Spy Falcon, PSGuard, PAL Spyware Remover, Spy Ban, Win Fixer, World Anti Spy and several others.
Make sure you avoid the above programs – and before downloading any anti-spyware program, do some research on it beforehand in order to make sure it’s not fake.
Some of the tested anti-spyware programs that work, include:
- Spyware Doctor (free trial version, and one of the best)
- Lavasoft Ad-aware (paid)
- Spybot Search and Destroy (free)
- Microsoft Anti-Spyware (paid), or
- Norton Anti-Spyware (paid).
Spyware Doctor also recently received “the best results overall” and gained top ranking of number 1 out of the 10 in a recent review by the top French publication “Micro Hebdo”.
David Flynn from the Sydney Morning Herald reviewed the latest version of Spyware Doctor (V3.8) in an anti-spyware round-up. Up against all the most popular anti-spyware solutions, Spyware Doctor was dubbed as “one of the best.”
Spyware Doctor awarded by PC Magazine! After being awarded the prestigious Editor’s Choice Award, Spyware Doctor has been further acclaimed with the “Best of the Year 2005″ in the anti-spyware category!
P.S. If you do not care about all the fuzz and the details about the different anti-spyware software, just simply start the free scan now with Spyware Doctor. This software is the #1 most highly rated and downloaded anti-spyware software on CNet.com.
Thank you for your attention.
* * * How do I Remove Spyware * * *
The quickest and safest way to remove spyware is to follow these steps:
- Download and install Spyware Doctor from our web site.
- Follow the instructions when asked during the install process
- Click on the “Smart Update” link in the upper right corner of the Spyware Doctor program, to make sure you have the latest spyware definitions. It changes daily…
- Click on “Start Scan” button in the left side of the program. Make sure “Full System Scan” is selected for the first scan, then click “Start Scan” button on the lower side of Spyware Doctor.
- The scan might take 15-30 minutes to complete, depending on the speed of your computer. Then review a list of infections on your computer.
That’s all there is to it.
Spybot Search and Destroy is a barebones program and is hardly worth the download. — But, if you do not believe me; I invite you to download Spybot and test it for yourself. Make sure you test it alongside with Spyware Doctor – which is the highest-rated commercial anti-spyware program on the market. You then decide…